Welcome Back and Happy - Happy New Year to all! See this month's Principal's Corner for news you can use!
We are so excited for you to meet our new Principal, Barbara Casey! Mrs. Casey has worked for many years as a teacher, Special Education coordinator, and administrator. Mrs. Casey is looking forward to meeting all of our Prospect Point students and families as we begin the 2019-20 school year .
We invite your participation as a parent, and encourage you to visit the office to complete volunteer paperwork so that you may accompany classes on field trips or assist teachers in the classroom.
For more information please see the Principal's Corner .
With the approach of winter, there may be a time when weather requires the start of school to be delayed or cancelled. If this occurs, parents and staff will receive a recorded phone message (or text) from the School Messenger System beginning at 6:00 am.
Announcements will also be made on local radio and TV stations beginning at 6:00 am. School closure notices will be posted on the school district website, www.wwps.org by 6:15 am, and updated throughout the day as needed. If no announcement is made by 6:30 am, you should assume schools are running on time.
New Start Time
Please note that
school start times have changed for this school year.
School will begin at 8:00 a.m. each day, with dismissal at 2:40 p.m. On Wednesdays, school will dismiss at 1:40 p.m.
Safety is a priority at Prospect Point.
1. Students should NOT be at school before 7:30 am as there is no adult supervision until that time.
2. Kindergarten parents are asked to only enter the parking lot off of Reser Road as they proceed through the drop-off loop by the office. Once you have dropped your kindergartner off, you must turn right and proceed through the parking lot to exit.
3. If you enter the parking lot from Howard Street to drop off a student in grades 1-5, please continue through the lot until you come to the curb heading west and proceed to the farthest open spot against the sidewalk.
4. Come to a complete stop before letting your child(ren) out of the car.
5. Make sure your child(ren) exit the vehicle on the curb side of the vehicle. Do not allow your child to exit your vehicle unless you are at the curb.
6. DO NOT LEAVE YOUR VEHICLE. If your child needs your assistance, please pull into a parking space, and walk your child across the parking lot area.
Please Drive Slowly
is a kindergarten through fifth grade elementary school with approximately 500 students located in Walla Walla Washington.
We have 54 staff members; 33 certificated staff, and 30 classified employees.
Remember to keep reading those books!
Prospect Point Superstars
A Student Video Club. Students produce video content from scratch using computers, photography, film production, acting or sound engineering.
P.A.L.S is a student leadership and mentoring program. The purpose of this program is to develop student leaders that support our core values.
Home & School Connection newsletters are packed with practical ideas any family can use: